The first thing is to accept that there is no such thing as one's fair share of attention. The game is not to seek parity, but to play to win! And, in doing so, sometimes you have to play dirty.
1. The first thing is to stir things up: gossip about others, hint that you have certain expectations that must be met, and soon!
2. Overplay the significance of events that would be seen by most as inconsequential.
3. Be overtly emotional. It helps is you cry easily or go into hysterics.
4. Do little things to call attention to yourself. Seemingly offhand remarks such as:
"I'm wearing my sister's panties."
"I think I am going to heave RIGHT NOW!!!"
"I lost my virginity last night."
"My sister hates me."
"I'm thinking of running for public office."
"5. Be consistently unsatisfied or hard to satisfy.
6. Dress flamboyantly -- let Lady Gaga be your role model.
7. Have an exotic pet. A mongoose, perhaps.
8. In general, send the message, "Look at me!"
Really, to simplify everything, just remember the traits summarized as "PRAISE ME" to be a successful drama king:
* Provocative (or seductive) behavior
* Relationships are considered more intimate than they actually are
* Influenced easily
* Speech (style) wants to impress; lacks detail
* Emotional lability; shallowness
* Make-up; physical appearance is used to draw attention to self
* Exaggerated emotions; theatrical
These are the traits that would warrant a diagnosis of histrionic personality disorder. HPD is not just for chicks, guys! You just need to study and fine-tune the process a bit.