Monday, June 16, 2014

How I Was Pranked

I'm going to admit to being pranked, but good.

It happened back when I was a textbook rep.  Now part of the job was working the academic conventions.  These combined the aspects of the true scholarly meeting with learned papers presented and discussed on a celestial level, a meat market for hiring new talent for teaching America's young adults, and a venue for advertising new products, primarily textbooks.

Actually, working a convention was a plum job occasion, unlike being a road warrior visiting individual campuses and calling on busy professors.  Usually, you get to stay in a nice hotel; and there are social occasions open in the evening.  If you're a textbook rep, it's an opportunity to meet potential customers; and if you have grad school ambitions, it's possibly a way of making connections to get into a good program.

Anyway, one evening I was invited to a party to be held in a hotel suite.  I put on my best evening clothes, made myself up artfully (I thought), and hoped to make a good impression.

When I arrived, I was offered an alcoholic beverage.  Since I was barely legal, I accepted.

Then I noticed the composition of the group.  The men were of mature age, no twenties and few in their thirties; the women were twenty-something and flashy.
 
I felt mismatched.  I was the only one not displaying major décolletage.  As a matter of fact, I think I was the only woman wearing underwear!  Well, not quite.  I met another textbook rep, and we compared notes.

It seems that the other ladies at the party were a different kind of working girl!

Just then an older man approached us, commented that we seem to be  the innocents, and asked if one of us would like to accompany him to his room later on.

We declined politely, and got the hell out of there!

Apparently, this sort of party does happen after hours at some conventions.  Some clown decided that it would be a hoot to invite the textbook girls to a bimbo party!





13 comments:

MarkD60 said...

How rude! Hope you let the person who invited you that it was NOT appreciated.

Duckbutt said...

That was piss-poor of him to do that. I'm sorry that happened to you.

TexWisGirl said...

not cool at all.

Mike said...

So did you head to the costume shop, get a police uniform, then go back to the...... no wait, they would have thought that was part of the party too.

Anemone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anemone said...

That was so uncool of him! Rude and crude and not funny.

Cloudia said...

Perhaps they were hoping........
I'm sure your freshness appealed more than the bored sex workers

Bilbo said...

So, did you try shaming the individual who invited you to sell any textbooks?

Banana Oil said...

That's a cute costume for the party!

Anonymous said...

So the guy was not up for a threesome?

Anonymous said...

i'm still unclear if you were wearing underwear or not ?

Big Sky Heidi said...

It must have been one hell of a convention!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Beach lad, I was wearing underwear.