Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A New View of World War II


This is a lurid cover of a pulp magazine for guys from the 1960s, I think. This can provide some documentation for additional studies of World War II. It offers an alternative and intriguing view that one of the reasons our side won is because of help from half-undressed, shoeless women!  Maybe they, like Rosie the Riveter, should also be enshrined in the pantheon of the Greatest Generation!

Or, even better, a commemorative postage stamp!!!

Anyway, World War I had that notorious Mademoiselle from Armentiers. This is a further group of mademoiselles who should be remembered in song.

Inky-dinky parlez-vous.

And, judging from the articles promised on the cover, it seems that New Jersey was dissolute back then as well. 

9 comments:

Mike said...

I want to know about the 5 games.

Birgit said...

I have no words but if I were fighting Nazi nuts, I would have to get into that uniform of open tops, Everything ripped and my skirt hugging every inch of my butt. Wait, aren't these the fashions from the Grammy's??

Cherdo said...

I think I saw that same scene downtown.

Happy Valentine's Day, most evil and poptarty-ist one!

Gorilla Bananas said...

Those ladies must be from the French resistance who bravely volunteered for action in a German POW camp. To think you could buy such historical magazines for only 25 cents.

Bilbo said...

I've not seen those pictures in any of the World War II histories I've read (and I've read a lot of them). I think I know what some people were really fighting for.

Chuck the Grumpy Cat said...

I guess grown men indulged in fantasies back then too.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

When could you get a magazine for two bits?

Cloudia said...

your interests are so wide ranging. Sign of a good mind. I LOVE that you even know Mademoiselle from Armentiers! I can die ([looong in the future please] knowing that others [you] will not let all the fascinating beloved detritus of humanity disapear in a sea of video games

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Thank you all for your comments. Especially you, Cloudia!