And finally, we have the proliferation of breast enhancements, especially in the Beverly Hills area. As former Governor Schwartzenegger once was supposed to have commented: "I like Thanksgiving. It's the only time I can see natural breasts."
Because of this National Obsession, certain products emerged, apparently because of these events:
1. Someone manufactures a supposed need, and plays it up. This may generate some possible anxiety in the potential customer base.
2. They also provide a product that reduces this manufactured need. And imply that using this deals effectively with this problem.
Maybe I'm generating a few cheap titters by mentioning these two products, but here they are. Two products for women with extra coins who feel that nothing is too good for her niñas.
First there's Boob Glue. This is to keep the breasts properly in place in the brassiere or bikini top; and at a pleasing angle of perkiness. It's marketing is based on generating anxiety regarding swimsuit malfunctions or the effects of gravity.
I can make four observations:
1. Bras should sufficiently corral the bosoms in a way that produces a pleasing appearance, provided you are wearing one of the right size.
2. If there is a little settling, this would not be sufficient for males to notice, unless they are carrying vernier calipers.
3. Unintended swimsuit malfunctions are extremely rare, if you wear a swimsuit that is suitable for vigorous activity or you double-tie your strings. Have you ever seen a swimsuit malfunction with beach volleyball players? No, because of their swimsuits' construction.
4. Boob Glue may have some value if you often untie your band in back or neck strap of your swimsuitou are prone toward forgetting.
Then there's Fresh Body, a powder designed to counteract the dreaded sweatiness of breasts, particularly on the ventral surfaces. Actually, if this is a worry, baby powder should suffice. And who can complain about babying your girls? Possibly some Holy Roller or Puritan preacher, who is sermonizing on the perils of narcissism.
There's another possibility: boob sweat can be sexy. Pheromones, perhaps? Maybe spandex is not the only attraction at gyms.
And sweat is our body's way of helping cooling itself. Don't mess with a physiological process lightly.