Saturday, January 22, 2011

D-O-U-A-N-E-S

There is something about a man in uniform that is irresitable to some women. This is apparently the case with one of my friends. We were going through French customs at Charles de Gaulle Airport, and my friend took a fancy to a handsome, sharply dressed man in uniform, so she decided to flirt with him. I thought she was over the top, so I held back. She turned it on 110%, and got a response from this French civil serviceman. She was all smiles at winning over this new acquaintance with her Tarheel charm! As she was walking away, she was telling me all about him and his European gallantry, his exquisite smile, and remarked on his utterly, utterly sophisticated was the French spelling of his name.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's Dwayne, but he spells it D-O-U-A-N-E-S," she replied. I didn't have the heart to tell her that was the French word for customs.

5 comments:

bakku-shan said...

A cute story.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Thank you.

bakku-shan said...

Dude, that's the point!

Françoise said...

Douane would have shown her a good time. We French functionaries are very prepared.

Sinner Bob said...

cute cartoon