Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Professor Longhair Playing "Go To the Mardi Gras"

Here's Professor Longhair, singing the unofficial song of the New Orleans Mardi Gras.  Just turn on the sound for this catchy tune, if you please, and let the good times roll!

 
For those that prefer the really old Mardi Gras song, here's "If I Ever Cease to Love."  When Russian Grand Duke Alexei Alexandrovitch visited in 1872, they heard that it was his favorite song.  Accordingly, every band in the parade played that tune.
 
It's pretty lame, isn't it? 
 
 
 
Grand Duke Alexei must have gotten tired of it by the time the parade was over.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I'm sorry about yesterday's slip in which I accidently posted a fragment of something I was working on.
 

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

puts me in the mood to watch 'treme'

Clarissa said...

Profssor Longhair's music is very lively nd danceable!

Mike said...

The second one sounds more Mardi Di Grasee to me.

Bilbo said...

Aside from the whole being-overthrown-and-murdered thing, I guess there were other downsides to being a member of the Russian royal family.