Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Thibodeaux's New Hunting Dog

Thibodeaux was visiting with his friend Boudreaux one day. Boudreaux asked Thibodeaux what he had been up to lately. Thibodaux says, "Well, I just came back from Lafayette."

"What were you doing in Lafayette?" asked Boudreaux.

"I went up there to buy me a new hunting dog," replies Thibodeaux.

Boudreaux says, "Mais, Thibodeaux, what's wrong with the hunting dogs from around here?"

Thibodeaux says, "Well, this hunting dog can walk on water; his name is Hay-sus."

Boudreaux laughs, "Thibodeaux, you got fooled. Hunting dogs can't walk on water."

Thibodeaux says, "I'm telling you. My new hunting dog can walk on water. You want to see?"

So Boudreaux and Thibodeaux go out on the lake with Thibodeaux's new hunting dog. Pretty soon, Thibodeaux brings down a duck. The dog immediately walks out across the water, retrieves the duck, and jumps back in the boat.

Thibodeaux turns to Boudreaux, "So what do you think of dat?
"
Boudreaux replies, "That dog can't swim, can he?"



8 comments:

Linda Kay said...

What more can we expect the poor doggie to do???

TexWisGirl said...

LOL! i like that!

Chuck the Grumpy Cat said...

Great Cajun tale!

Mike said...

I was waiting for Hay-sus to be in a pun punchline so the ending caught me by surprise. Nice.

Anonymous said...

clever dog

Cloudia said...

Always SOMETHING!




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

Bilbo said...

Good joke! I'll be using it, but I doubt I'll be able to duplicate the dialect.

Duckbutt said...

A really nice joke for today!