Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Time at the Beach

I took a few days off down at 30A, the Rosemary Beach - Seagrove area in Florida.   It is near Panama City, but  is more leisurely and less party-oriented than P.C.  No, it's not tacky.  The prime recreational activity involves taking leisurely strolls on the sand.  The water is too cold to swim in; but wading in is okay until your toes get too cold.  Many visitors dress beach-style in swimsuits or shorts, but possibly might accessorize with a windbreaker.  We stayed in a upstairs room above a carriage house.

This outing was quiet, romantic place for relaxation, rather than rowdy. Rowdy is okay, but tiring.  What's it like in a off-season coastal town?  It's quiet, serene, and less expensive.  And less fashion-conscious.  A cup of coffee and a chocolate pie or ice cream is the afternoon delight.


As a hopefully humorous perspective on this serenity, this French lubricant ad gives something of the flavor of meditation while looking out at the ocean.  It is mesmerizing.

Namaste!

Well, maybe not that much . . . . Later, after returning to the grindstone, I had some flu virus that kept me inactive upon returning.  I'll post something more extended when I'm at full speed.


The local dress code:






7 comments:

Meredith said...

It sounds like a nice place to zen out on viewing water. I hope you will feel better soon.

Big Sky Heidi said...

That's a funny, risque ad!

Mike said...

I think she's going to need more lubricant.

Bilbo said...

I'm more of a mountain guy than a beach guy, so I'll take your word for the pleasures of the off-season coastal town. Good to have you back, and I hope you get over the creeping crud soon.

TexWisGirl said...

the 'jiggle' sign made me laugh. the place sounds relaxing in the off-season!

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

I like N. Fla too; but especially around the part nearest to Pensacola. FWB is sort of rundown.

Glad it was a good trip.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Meredith -- Thank you for the good wishes.

Heidi -- I hope it was not over the top.

TexWisGirl -- I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Elvis -- You're thinking of the Florabama?

ilbo -- Mountains are nice too. 30A is a little far from Fairfax Co.

Mike -- I think so too. Meditation will carry you only so far.