Monday, November 1, 2010

eViL pOp TaRt Strips to Vote

I confess -- after reticence on the matter -- I transgressed in my new-found zeal to be a fully-functioning citizen of this Republic.  To make the matter worse, the choices were abysmal!  Whoever you voted for made you wonder if it was a matter for confession or special education classes.  Anyway, without going into the particulars of my politics, let me tell my story.

I was supporting one of the morons running for office; and to declare to all and sundry (like a typical 19-year-old), I wore a t-shirt proclaiming that fact.  Okay, I saw drumming up support for my candidate as being a bonus in addition to a free shirt that could be worn in the future for ironic reasons.

However, I did not reckon with the Louisiana state election law forbidding electioneering.

It was toward the end of Election Day, and the polls were due to close.  There was still a lot of people lined up; but no problem: they could vote as long as they joined the line before closing.  One of the poll observers representing the opposed candidate to mine challenged my presence as long as a wore the offending t-shirt, and declared that I would have to leave and come back not electioneering.

The reality was this: It was five minutes before the poll was due to close, and my home was ten minutes' away.  If I went home and changed, I could not get back in before closing.  I pleaded, but no luck.

In desperation,  I removed my tee, and voted minimally decent in my bra!

The remaining twenty minutes' worth of as-yet-to-vote citizens cheered at my commitment to suffrage, and many of them bumped knuckles with me while I tried to have my arms cover myself as demurely as I could.  I decided that I should dial my feistiness a few notches in the future.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really funny comedic tale. Even better if it was in R/L!

bakku-shan said...

Were you wearing a bra?

Rudolph said...

It does seem like a silly law. Where does it fit in with free speech?

Anemone said...

I hope you enjoyed voting! Good going. Did the guys like the show?

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Anonymous: It was R/L. Trust me.

Duckbutt: Thank you!

bakku-shan: Fortunately.

Svejk: It is probably incompatible with free speech, but such is Louisiana party politics -- quite innocent of principle.

Brandi said...

You could have gotten arrested for indecent exposure, you know!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Anemone: I had no complaints.

Hell Hound said...

I wish I was there. I like your bikini pic. Why not repost a larger size?

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Hell Hound: That's sweet of you, but I'll demur.

Brandi: Why is a demi-bra more revealing than a bikini top?

Anemone said...

You should have charged an entertainment fee.

Anonymous said...

That was a shameless thing to do!

Anonymous said...

This is a classic!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, girl!

Anonymous said...

Who did you vote for?

Anonymous said...

A cute cartoon of the redhead. Are you a ginger too?