Monday, December 16, 2019

Candywuss Chili

Pardon me, gentle readers (is anyone still there, considering  my spotty record of blogging), while I lapse into real controversy. No, not the political carnage that sadly 
happens daily, not sex, but a remark about food.

Now I previously evinced* some displeasure with the notion of culinary cultural appropriation (hell, if you're Irish and you want to do lutefisk, go for it, baby! I will not judge you. But the notion of Cincinnati chili totally astonished me! And saddened me. What is that, you might say?

Well, it's a weak, hyped-up sauce with tomato paste, cumin, nutmeg, allspice, a little chili powder, chocolate, possibly Worchestershire, and served over spaghetti and topped with cheese! Holy horse turds! And often oyster crackers are added. So sad! I encountered this is a regional restaurant which shall be unnamed.

Actually, I have the biggest problem with the nomenclature: call it Cincinnati meat sauce, if you desire such a culinary delight (?); but a righteous chili must be a savory beef and chili sauce, served with red beans or not. If you're adventurous, chop some chilis.

To my opinion, the real questions should be red or green, referring to the type of chili added. And Fritos or Doritos, as a side.

*https://evil-pop-tart.blogspot.com/2017/08/cultural-appropriation-in-food-choice.html

10 comments:

Mike said...

You and I would be eating in separate rooms. And then probably sleeping in separate rooms.

Cloudia said...

Okay

Cloudia said...

Have missed you!

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

People who make chili that way obviously do not love the lord or Southeastern Conference football.

John A Hill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John A Hill said...

My only comment is the TexMex chili comment.
Don't know about those others.

Duckbutt said...

This last poster is one sick dude.

Duckbutt said...

I cannot countenance a chili served on spaghetti.

Duckbutt said...

Yes, i certainly could ! ! !.

SAROJ GHIMIRE said...

I dont know much about comic but appriciated...merry christmas to u all