Friday, August 5, 2011

The Price Check on Boudreaux's Butt Paste

I confess to blushing easily; sometimes while doing something that really shouldn't call for that.  I once was asked by a family member to buy some Boudreaux's Butt Paste (this is a real product) at a big box store, and I was able to find what I was looking for after a longish search.  So far, so good.

When I went to the checkout, the checker, a younger guy, called on the loudspeaker for a price check from pharmaceuticals.  The response, also by loudspeaker, was "Okay."  Here's the dialogue that followed, approximately:

MY CHECKER:  "I'd like a price check on Bou-drucks Butt Paste."

DISEMBODIED VOICE: "What?"

MY CHECKER:  "Bou-druck's Butt Paste"

ME:  "That's Bou-dreau, Sir!"

MY CHECKER:  "Whatever . . . ."

DISEMBODIED VOICE:  "You're kidding."

MY CHECKER:  "No, this is real.  I'm looking at it.  This lady needs it for her butt."

Now all eyes from the surrounding checkout lanes were fixated on me; each one wondering what kind of rear end problem I had.

MY CHECKER:  "Maybe she's fixing the butt crack."  [giggles]

Finally the Disembodied Voice calls in the amount, and the checker rings up the amount.  I'm totally red-faced at this time.

When I got back to my apartment I looked at the container of Boudreaux's Butt Paste.  It had a price sticker on it.

My conclusion is that the whole tableau was staged for entertainment purposes.

I'm glad I was not trying to buy a bra!










8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story -- I Googled that product and it's real. I wonder if I can get some in Cedar Rapids?

Bilbo said...

You should check out Margaret's post on "Fresh Breasts" ... it's a fitting complement to your "butt paste": http://straightupnochaser.blogspot.com/2011/08/fresh-breasts.html

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Bilbo, thanks for calling my attention to that blog!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Anonymous: It's available in many drug store chains.

Anonymous said...

You are the only blogger who described her belly button on her profile. Amazing! Do you often go with a bare midriff?

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Almost never.

Grand Crapaud said...

Awww! Post a pic please!

Juliette said...

Funny post.